Please note that this policy only applies to Alcora Corporation d/b/a Project Beauty Websites or Alcora Corporation d/b/a Project Beauty Mobile Apps (“Sites”) containing a link to this policy.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has originated; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Project Beauty uses two types of cookies on this website:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Session CookiesThese are used for the following purposes:
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information; and
- within registration to allow you to access stored information.
Persistent CookiesThese are used for the following purposes:
- to help us recognize you as a unique visitor (using a number) when you return to our website;
- to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- to compile aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website;
- to identify and resolve user experience issues and improve website operations; and
- to resolve member inquiries and help ensure compliance with our member rules.
Third Party CookiesThird parties may also serve cookies via the Sites. These are used for the following purposes:
- to tailor content to your preferences;
- to count the number of users of our site; and
- to provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Third Party CookiesSome of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Should you wish to be alerted before a cookie is accepted on your hard disk, guideline instructions follow below:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
Deleting cookiesYou can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
Depending on the applicable law, you may have various rights in respect to your personal information, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction of or, objection to processing of your personal data (including processing for direct marketing), and portability to another controller and erasure. Some of our Sites allow you to review and update your personal information. Where this function is not available and for assistance with in respect to other personal information rights, please contact Project Beauty’s Data Protection Officers at the information provided below.
Please note that these rights are subject to limitations set out in law.
If you do not want to receive advertising by e-mail or SMS, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out in the communications you receive.
If you have additional questions about this policy and our practices or if you have complaints about Project Beauty’s use of your personal information, please contact us at:
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. Project Beauty therefore reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. We recommend that you visit our website periodically to be aware of the latest version of our policy.